Monday, August 07, 2006

Everyone is an Atheist?

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" Stephen Roberts


That smacks of truth now doesn't it? If you wanted you could couple that with the fact that most people spend more time deciding on a new car or choosing a new home then they spent on choosing their god. Most people don't even know all of their choices. I mean their are A LOT of gods and lots of different religions. Ahh well. Here's some more quotes that got me smiling again:

Terry Pratchett: The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.

Anonymous: Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer

Richard Jeni: “You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend”

Albert Einstein: Since our inner experiences consist of
reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning


Gene Roddenberry: They said God was on high and he controlled the world and therefore we must pray against Satan. Well, if God controls the world, he controls Satan. For me, religion was full of misstatements and reaches of logic that I just couldn't agree with

Justin Brown: An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished and war eliminated.

No comments: