Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Philosphy Vrs Religion

Philosphy vs Religion is referred to just as often as Morality vrs Religion... Religion relied on faith whereas philosphy does not.

From a letter to Thomas Jefferson:"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved -- the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!"

The two feed upon each other from time to time like plagerist rivals... But Philosphy seeks truth and understanding whereas religion says too much much truth is too much... rely upon faith and resist temptation. This lesson is taught as early as eve when she partook of the tree she was told not to. I've heard of time out but a millenia has gone by and eve... now long dead... Well I bet she learned her lesson.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Shawn said...

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Copy to Clipboard
-- Steven Weinberg